Welcome to CassiaDB
CassiaDB is a database designed just for LiveCode developers. Canela uses this database for all of our app development. We have found it to be a big time saver for us. For this reason, we want to make it available for free for local use.
CassiaDB is compatible with the same platforms LiveCode supports. Thus, you can develop on the following desktop operating systems: Macintosh, Windows and Linux. You can deploy standalones with CassiaDB on desktops and mobile devices with complete feature parity.
These are the steps to setting up your CassiaDB SDK (cSDK). Working with the cSDK requires a Business or Indy edition of LiveCode. LiveCode needs to be running at all times when interacting with the cSDK.
- Download the LiveCloud Manager application.
- Use it to create a new Project, with the tables that you need.
- Export your cSDK toolkit from the LiveCloud Manager.
- Create a new LiveCode stack, and import the starter code from LiveCloud Manager.
- Restart Livecode and open up your new stack -- CassiaDB's API is now available.